Friday, October 12, 2012

Tokyo: Yotsuya/Pokemon

The school that I am a foreign student at is Sophia University, is right outside Yotsuya station. The Wednesday before last, I went around the Yotsuya area. The guest house of the imperial palace, the Diet building, and even a weird small shrine that is supposed to have a crystal ball that apparently could measure earthquakes.
First is the guest house:














 Here is one of the old style gates:
 I couldn't go inside, I don't think it is opened to the public.

We also went to the Diet Building museum which had a fake smaller version of the Diet building debate room. I don't know what the room is called. Here me posing on the podium.
The area of Yotsuya used to be Shogun castle, in fact my school is in the area of the inner moat.
Behold the outer moat:
 I think.
Anyway, the field of the school, I have been told, is a filled in moat.


Finally, Tokyo station is the pic above.

After walking around for three hours, where I walked an area of four station: Yotsuya to Tokyo, I went to the Pokemon Center of Tokyo.
 There center was good-sized and an amazing selection of stuff to buy, from stuff animals to phone doggles, t-shirts, coffe cups, hats, etc. The
These are some of the people in program who I went together to the center, minus one.
Left to Right: Tatiana, Maria (Joe), Henry (Hungry), Rokk (yes his real name, it is a last though). The one missing is Nathan who organized the whole thing. He was really excited so we wait for him to have his fun, even though we were done. 
Next up is Yokohama: Chinatown.

No comments: