Friday, October 26, 2012

Intermission

Now this entry is just random things I noticed about Japan and the Japanese.

1. Not every bathroom has soap, paper towels, or hand dryer. Of course, the bathroom in my dorm and school has those things, even the new fancy hand dryers that actual work, but public places do not.

2. A lot of people ride bikes and many of those bikes have two child seats on them. I also so a teenage girl ride a bicycle with a baby in the basket.

3. I personally haven't notice many Japanese staring at me, commenting on how tall I am, and none of the restaurant's waitresses clapping their hands because I can use chopsticks. Some do avoid eye contact though.

4. I don't think I am as tall, compared to the Japanese, as I originally thought.

5. They are obsessed with fried food, they fry any thing, and are especially fond of fried chicken. I think they eat as much fried chicken as they do fish.

6. Seven-a-eleven in Japan is a not a real seven-a-eleven, I mean it is a connivence store, but it's name is cover to lure in unsuspecting foreigners.

7. Plenty of girls where short skirts and short shorts. In fact, you can tell which grade a girl is in based on her skirt. The shorter it is the older the girl. No joke.

8. The Japanese don't really have the same kitchen like we do in the states. I mean they don't have a actual oven and some don't even have dishwashers.
So here is a picture of my cook-top in my dorm in the kitchen.

9. In Japan there are two subway systems: 1) JR and 2) Metro.
The JR is not really a subway, most of the lines are above ground while the Metro has lines that are so far done it reminds me of the subway in London. 
    

No comments: