Friday, October 19, 2012

Ghibli Museum

So anyway, last Wednesday I went with some of the kids from the CIEE group to the Ghibli Museum. For those who don't know, Ghibli is the movie production company run by Miyasaki the creator of Spirited Away, for example.


Here is a picture of the outside of the Museum, the only area they allow pictures to be taken.
The museum is basically made up of five parts.
The first part is the movie theater which shows a 12 minute movie of adorability. The movie is about a little egg princess trying to save the bread man from the witch. Totally worth seeing.
The second part is a section by section of how Miyasaki made his films. From concept art to a second screens that they then put into film. Also totally awesome.
The third part is a block printing section, I don't know much since it was all in Japanese. However, in one of glass cases there was an old style printing block/plate (or whatever it is called).
The fourth part is the Cat Bus Room with a cat buse from Totoro which, if you are an elementary scholl kid, can go inside. I totally wanted to go inside.
The fifth part is the roof with the guardian from The Castle in the Sky.



There is also the control block the evil man used to activate the castle so he could take over the world.
Cool, right?
When your done with the museum there is a good size Ghibli shop: from key chains to a three hundred dollar replica of the neckless from the above mentioned film. 
I really wanted the neckless, I got other stuff though. 
Now just for evils, I'll impart what happened at the end.
So the boys were taken their sweet time in the shop after the other girls had already been through it a couple of times and were siting in the cafe waiting for the boys. I saw where they were after one last look see and decided to go to the bathroom while the boys finished up. I come out and found they had all left. Usually, it goes we arrive together, we leave together but none of them didn't give a dam about me and left. Even though it is a fifteen minute walk from the station and I have informed them of my lack of sense of direction. The indifference was just a little "F" annoying. 
Well, water under the bridge, mostly. Definitely for Joe since she and one of the other residence made me dinner tonight.





No comments: