Sunday, October 14, 2012

Tatiana's Birthday

On October 10th it was Tatiana birthday, she is one of the girls from the CIEE program, so a group of us went out to celebrate her birthday by going to Roppongi. We went to a restaurant and a club.
Here is picture I took outside the station. Now Roppongi is apparently famous for there being bad "foreigners" hanging about. I didn't see any. Anyway we spent a good hour walking randomly around the area of the station looking for a cheap restaurant with meat. Because Tatiana wanted meat. In fact it amazes me that I was able to hold out with out going "postal"since I had lunch at 11 and it being 8 at the start of are search. I mean really.
 The restaurant we went to was an osakayaki restaurant. The little pancake like thing that has cabbage and other stuff in it, we had a seafood one, cheese one, beef one, soba yaki, and udon yaki then split the bill among are selves. The whole thing was fun except for the couple of smokers in the room. 
Here is a octopus mask, cool right.
After the restaurant we went to a club since Tatiana has never been and is one of those things you are suppose to do at Roppongi, at least that is what I been told. Since it was ladies night most of us got in half off, 1000 yen to enter for three drink tickets. One ticket was worth essentially 900 yen.
It was fun. Joe even got a little tipsy. I had two pineapple juices and a shot of 10 years old laphroaig.  
We then had to run to catch the last train because we lost track of time, since trains stop at midnight.
Sort of like Cinderellie. 
Before I went out to celebrate Tatiana's birthday I went to see the live-action Roronin Kenshin movie. 
I went to see the movie in Shibuya.


Here is the 109 building and dog statue for any fan of The World Ends With You, or any fan of anime.
As for the movie, it was a well made action movie and anyone who likes action movies or the action aspect of the Roronin Kenshin anime then you will probably like the movie. However, I didn't. I mean I love both the manga and the anime however the movie has no balance. It was all drama, action and sadness of human cruelty. For me Kenshin is about the hope of a new era.
I have finally caught up with myself, see you next time.

No comments: